Welcome!!

Welcome to my blog. I am a Plaintiff currently involved in the Vioxx Litigation. I will NOT be signing the documents!! I appreciate any comments you would like to make or leave.

Monday, January 14, 2008

BETRAYED

I recently received my "settlement" pack and geez...the terms they state in this pack have so angered me. I feel as though I am experiencing betrayal from my attorney and so much more. It doesn’t matter how hard I try not to be upset/angry at this settlement “offer”, I can’t seem to get past it yet. Maybe because the more I investigate the whole Vioxx Litigation situation, the more I believe that Merck has paid off so many. I also believe that the plaintiffs’ attorneys are only looking out for themselves in the most selfish way…greed. I understand (believe me) that there are always people taking advantage of situations such as this, for example the plaintiff who took Vioxx for 2 weeks and expected to get millions. It seems that plaintiffs’ attorneys and Merck are not looking at those of us who have legitimate cases, on an individual case basis.
I am not so stupid as to think Merck does not want to save money. Isn’t that the American way? But they did put out a drug that has been proven to increase the risk of heart attack as well as strokes. Many of us across this country (apparently a few other countries, as well) trusted them and our doctors when we took this drug. If the doctors had been told of this increased risk of cardiovascular events (as in my case), would they have prescribed Vioxx to the thousands of us that took it??? I think NOT!!

For more information please go to Plaintiffs Group

No comments: