Welcome!!

Welcome to my blog. I am a Plaintiff currently involved in the Vioxx Litigation. I will NOT be signing the documents!! I appreciate any comments you would like to make or leave.

Saturday, January 19, 2008

QUESTIONS REGARDING THE VIOXX SETTLEMENT

In reading all the material that I can find on the Vioxx settlement and the ongoing litigation many questions come up. Here are some of the most important ones that I would like to ask my lawyer, if I could ever speak to him.

  1. Do I have any recourse if I do not agree to the settlement amount after signing this release?
  2. Do you have an estimate of what the settlement amount should be?
  3. What is the reason for your “recommendation” to accept and sign this Release?
  4. Is this Release legal? In other words, can they just refuse to provide me with any settlement and then claim that I cannot go after them because I signed this release?
  5. What right does Merck have to “pay all third parties” or demand that all third parties are paid prior to my receipt of any settlement funds?
  6. What third parties does this refer to in the Release?
  7. Will the third parties be notified of my settlement and/or their back-pay of any claims that they took care of even if they never filed a lien?
  8. Have you (Lanier) received any liens regarding my case?
  9. If there is a settlement offered to me, how would it be paid? Structured settlement payments or lump sum?
  10. What if I don’t sign the Release?
  11. Will you/your firm still represent me?
  12. Have you (yourself) even evaluated my case or had an “expert” doctor look at my case to see if I “qualify” or am “eligible” for this “global settlement”?
  13. How do I know that your information is not confused or not represented incorrectly?
I think these are all questions that every plaintiff in this case should be asking.

For more information please go to VPEG

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sue
You are not alone! I wish I had found you earlier. Fortunately I did find VPEG. I stand in battle with you!
I am a surviving widow with a child of 12. My husband suffered 2 heart attacks in 2002. Then a fatal one in 2006. The damage of the first two most assuredly contributed to the fatal one, but I have not recourse to present those facts in the current "settlement". Keep up the good fight!